More than 20,000 people a day leave Wollongong for work in Sydney – good roads and public transport infrastructure are very important to our region.
In 2017 when the Liberal Government wanted to scrap the free Gong Shuttle, I led a community campaign to keep the Gong Shuttle free – and we won.
In 2018, we won another struggle with the Government, and secured more carriages for overcrowded afternoon services from Central to Wollongong.
I am committed to delivering improvements in our transport network locally, including:
- Undertaking an Illawarra Rail Resilience Study to determine the cost and prioritisation of improvements to the South Coast Line
- A fresh examination of the Illawarra's rail connection with south-west Sydney
- Developing the design and business case for southside on and off ramps in Dapto to help vehicle flows
- Progressing improvements to Mount Ousley and completing the detailed plans for upgrades to Picton Road
- Working with local bus operators, drivers and the Chief Transport Planner to identify a new bus layover to replace the one at Lang Park and improve bus services for Wollongong