Getting a great education opens up so many opportunities for people - it is transformative for individuals and their families.
Students in our local schools deserve the best education they can possibly get, and governments should always pursue this goal.
To improve our local schools an TAFE system, I will work towards:
- Converting temporary teachers into permanent placements so that teachers can get on with the job of teaching with their future more secure
- Cutting teacher administrative loads
- Banning mobile phones in NSW public schools
- Creating a $400 million Education Future Fund
- Establishing an Illawarra Centre of Excellence in Domestic Manufacturing at TAFE