Hi, I’m Paul Scully, your local Member in the NSW State Parliament.
I was elected as the Member for Wollongong in November 2016 and re-elected in March 2019.
In June 2021, I was appointed as the Shadow Minister for Planning and Public Spaces. Prior to that, since July 2019, I served as the Shadow Minister for Natural Resources.
I’m a life-long Wollongong local, and the third generation of my family to call Wollongong home. I went to Mount Kembla Public School and Figtree High School before graduating from the University of Wollongong.
As your local State MP, I’m pleased to have been able to help save the free Gong Shuttle; secure additional carriages for overcrowded afternoon train services; forced the Government to commit to fund lifts at Unanderra Station; and help secure funding for local community organisations.
But there’s more to do.
I’ve got a strong vision for Wollongong, and my priorities are to:
- Work to support existing and create new jobs in Wollongong
- Enhance our local health and hospital system
- Secure investments in our roads, rail and public transport network
- Improve our local schools and TAFE
- Address climate change and protect our environment
As your local member, I will work to secure our fair share from the NSW Government.